Thursday, April 30, 2009

It's Golden Week for me now, too!

Well, I had half a day of compensatory holiday to use up within two months, so I'm taking it at the last possible moment. Luckily, I managed to get it right on top of Golden Week, so I have five and a half days off in a row now, hurrah!  

A lot of people seem to be traveling within Japan, to Osaka and Tokyo, etc., to spend time with friends. A lot of other people seem to be headed to South Korea, the "new Thailand" for those who don't like being caught up in civil unrest in a foreign country. 

If I had magical golden tickets to go anywhere this week, I'd want to go home for a quick visit, and then maybe fly off to Australia or New Zealand, where I would just miraculously bump into a former professor of mine and hear about a fabulous scholarship at a grad school down there. 

However, I'm saving up for a car-- albeit a used one, since there's no knowing how long I'll be here and I don't want to sink too much money into it-- and so I've decided to stay home this Golden Week. 

Still there's plenty to read, and if the fair weather continues, ample opportunity for long walks. 

No comments: