Wednesday, November 2, 2011

जय हो


The song "Jai Ho" from Slumdog Millionaire has been in my head all day. Wikipedia tells us it means "may there be victory," just like it sounds (right?). The song was used for a practice warm-up at the Zumba training I attended this past weekend, and that's exactly what was right about the whole experience: so many people who think like I do about infectious music and expressive movement-- and a great many of them are much better at it than I am at this point, but I aspire to their level of creativity and energy.

It's also an apt song for today, because today the company asked for an interview. It's set for later this week.

To paint in broad generalizations, the folly of workers is a propensity to lose sight of the value of work, while the folly of the unemployed is to undervalue the gift of leisure. I hope I've steered clear of both extremes so far, but I also hope to become a much wiser worker in the near future. JAI HO!

No comments: