Sunday, April 3, 2011

the sea urchins make a new friend

"And now for something... completely different."

Time for a short break in the usual fare of flowers and twigs I've been subjecting you to for the last several weeks! I took a particularly good walk the other day, part of which brought me near the sea, and when I peered into the water, there were starfish all over the place. Upon closer inspection, sea urchins also abounded. I didn't think I would get a good shot, since the waves were a little rough, but when I passed that way again, the sun was higher and that allowed for a faster aperture speed, meaning the motion wasn't a big issue.

And, although I've put the word "friend" in the title, for all I know the urchins may be trying to feast on the starfish... I'm no marine biologist.

No comments: